My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Sunday, May 1, 2016

Recollections crayons

Hello crafty friends!
One of my favorite mediums is water color crayons.
I have a nice set from LYRA and some additional colors
that are Neo-Colors.  I use them often and really enjoy them.
Last week I was visiting a friend and she had a set of the new
water color crayons from Recollections (Michael's brand)
and I gave them a try.
They only come in this set of 12 colors, the price is
very reasonable at $14.99 (US) and with a coupon the 
price is even better.
I have to say that I absolutely loved playing with them.
They went on beautifully.
I like to use a water brush and pick up the color from the
crayon then put it to the paper.
I stamped this image with Archival black ink,
which is waterproof.
These aren't necessarily the colors I'd ever use for that image, 
but I wanted to use all the different colors and also see how they
blended.
The results was great, I loved working with them every step
of the way.
My only complaint is that they don't have a brown in the mix.
The difference with these water color crayons is that they have 
some shimmer to them.  If you have ever used Wink of Stella,
they have a comparable look.
This close up shows the shimmer a bit better.
Of course I had to get a set for myself and I was
lucky and got the last set in the store.
These will make a great addition to my water color crayon
collection.
I haven't tried them direct to paper yet, but I'll give that a try one
day soon and let y'all know how that works out.

Thanks for stopping by today,
I hope you'll stop by again soon.
You never know what you'll find on 
Kristie Kreates!


No comments: