My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Goin' with the flow.

Hi all!
I don't know about where you live,
but here in my area we are experiencing some
awfully cold weather.
This past weekend we had quite a bit of snow,
and even for the Buffalo, NY area, that's not quite 
normal for the beginning of April.
And frankly, I don't like it at all.
I'm hoping it won't be long before we are 
seeing some beautiful roses in our area.
Well maybe a couple months, but it sure will 
be wonderful to have them blooming.
This card didn't turn out at all like I had it pictured 
in my head.  I was thinking more pastelish (is that even a word?)
I used my Peerless watercolors to paint this card.
I started off using the wrong color for the background, but 
figured what the heck, may as well keep going.
Then I intended to heat emboss the image with white 
embossing powder, but used black ink instead.
Again I figured what the heck and moved on.
I'm still getting used to the Peerless watercolors
and the vibrancy they have.
Needless to say, they didn't come out as I wanted,
but heck nothing about this card was as I had planned.
So I just kept on with it till it was painted,
trimmed it down and adhered it to a white card base.
You know like the weather, sometimes cards just don't work 
out like you hoped.  So just go with the flow and see what 
comes to life.

Thanks for stopping today,
I hope you are having a wonderfully creative day.
See you again soon.


No comments: