My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Dress Card

Hello blog friends!
Today I'm showing you a card I made for my 
Godchild, Andrea.
Andrea turned 4 the other day and there was a 
party on Sunday.
She is a very girlie girl and loves her dress up 
clothes and her Barbies.
I thought this card turned out perfect for her.
I already had a pattern that I had created for 
another project for the bodice of the dress,
so I traced that onto some card stock and cut it out.
For the skirt, I used a coffee filter.
I simply folded it a few times until it was the
size I needed, folded over the point 
that was the center of the filter,
wrapped it around the bodice and 
used ATG tape to adhere it.
I cut a scallop along the bottom and used
a gold pen to make dashes around the skirt to 
finish it off.
The 'belt' is some twisted cording/beading that
I had in my stash.
I had picked up a paper stack around Christmas
time for a very reasonably price, that was all 
gold foiled papers, the background paper is from that
stack, I don't remember the company name on it, but I 
picked it up at Michael's
The "Happy Birthday" is 
heat embossed with WOW
gold glitter embossing powder.
I think the card was a big hit,
I love how it turned out.
My niece said it was perfect for Andrea.

Thanks for stopping by today,
hope you will come again soon.
Until then, Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

Susan (rainy) said...

Oh I bet she totally adored this darling card! Happy birthday, Andrea. So sweet.