My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Bracelets for the Greats

Hello!
I hope you are having a wonderful day.
I don't know how old you are, but if you're my age
you'll remember way back when, when macreme was all the rage.
I made many, many macreme projects, plant hangers, even a couple
hanging table/lamp combinations.
I also made some jewelry and that is what I decided to make
for a few of my great nieces for Christmas this year.
Apparently, I forgot to take pictures of the process I used 
for those pieces in the center of the bracelets, sorry about that.
But it's really very simple.
I bought washers at the local hardware store,
they are very inexpensive, a matter of cents each.
It's pretty easy, just place a few drops of ink onto the 
felt pad and pounce onto the metal washer.
The best thing is, if you don't like the color or how it
looks for any reason, you can take it off with alcohol or the
blending solution and start again.
Try different color combinations and see what you like.
Once I had the washers to the colors I liked, I chose 
cords to match the colors and knotted them to make the
bracelets.
Here are 4 of the bracelets I made.
Here they are from the side showing the beads I added 
on each side of the bracelets.




As it worked out, I gave the right colors to the right 
great nieces.  It just happened that the one whose favorite color
is purple got that one, the same with the blue and the other one got
the gold/brown tones which she also loved.
And the pink one is left over, not sure about where that one
will go.


They each got one of these bracelets also.
I was happy to see they were putting them on right away,
not only to try them on, but to wear them.
I was a little leery about giving them these bracelets,
you never know with teens and tweens, 
but they seemed to love them.

There are many great patterns and videos
showing how to make macreme jewelry online,
so if you have an interest check them out.
These that I made are really very basic knots, 
but turn out looking great.

Thanks for stopping in today to see what I have going on.
I hope you'll be back again soon.
Until then, have some fun learning something new,
or playing with something crafty that you love.



No comments: