My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Fixing an angel

One day a little while ago, I got a phone call
from my friend, Diane.
She was asking a favor, she needed an angel "fixed"
Some of the ladies in her church, look for 
Christmas decorations at garage sales,
then they "fix" them and sell them at their
annual bizarre. 
Someone had picked up this angel, she is 
actually in pretty nice shape, but was holding a 
really ugly poinsettia.
Diane removed it and needed something 
for her to hold.
Of course, the first one she thought of was her 
crafty friend.......me!
A scroll, perhaps?
Of course, I can make a scroll.
I created a file and cut the words and "scroll" 
with my Silhouette Cameo.
I covered the back sheet with double sided adhesive tape
and adhered it to the back of the cut out scroll.
I covered the words with gold glitter,
since the back piece was covered with the adhesive,
the glitter stuck to it.
I burnished it with a bone folder to be sure it was
stuck down nice and secure and wouldn't flake off.
I used my bone folder to curl the ends and 
low and behold I had a scroll for the angel.
Here she is with her new scroll.
And a closer picture.
Here is a close up showing the scroll from 
an angle to show how it curls and how the words 
sparkle.
I didn't glue the scroll into the angel's hands,
I think Diane wants to fuss with her a little bit more, 
then she'll glue it on with some hot glue.
I think this is a pretty good "fix"

Thanks for stopping by today.
I hope you've learned something or been inspired 
to fix something yourself.
I hope you'll stop by again soon.
Until next time, Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

Susan (rainy) said...

Super cute "fix"!! LOVE how you cutout the sentiment and put the glitter on by sticking it to the adhesive peeking through. SO clever. Love it!