My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Birthday Card For Mom

Hello crafty friends!
Today is my Mom's 91st birthday!
She is an amazing woman and one of the 
strongest and kindest people I know.
I wanted to make her a card, so I 
used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out the 
Happy Birthday on black card stock.
I covered a scrap piece of white card stock with 
1" wide double sided tape, like Score Tape.
I pulled all the backing off the tape and stuck it to the
back side of the black piece so the sticky part was against the 
Happy Birthday cut out.
I sprinkled glitter over the sentiment,
the glitter stuck to the tape,
I shook off the extra and burnished it with 
my finger.  This helps to be sure it sticks and
gives it a nice shine.
You can see a little more of the shine in the 
picture below.
I punched out some flowers with a coordinating paper
and put "pearls" in the centers to finish off the front panel.
It was then adhered to a white card base.
This didn't turn out exactly as I had envisioned it,
but I do like it and hopefully she will too.

Thanks for stopping by today,
come again soon.
Until then, Happy Crafting!



No comments: