My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Friday, February 20, 2015

Squash with Pecans

Hello!
I have to say, I do love squash and recently I found a way to fix it
that I am just loving.
I cut a butternut squash into cubish pieces.
I know, they should be uniform in size, but they aren't,
that's why I say cubish.
Onto a cookie sheet with a bit of olive oil and salt,
then into a 350 oven they go.
I baked this squash for about 45 minutes until it was nice
and soft.
Just before taking the squash out of the oven, 
I put some pecans into a pan with some melted butter
and let them toast up a little.
Then I dumped the squash into the pan and mixed it
up with those pecans.
Yes, I did get those pecans a little darker than I wanted,
but they tasted great anyway.
Just beware not to have the heat on too high.
Mix them around a little bit to cover with the butter.
This doesn't need much butter as the squash is just so darn tasty.
But if you like more butter, go ahead and use more.
 I only used about a tablespoon or so.
Then into the bowl it all goes.
I finished it off with a sprinkling of Kosher salt and it was ready to go.
I have made this for my family a couple times, but this time
it was just for me.
Hubby was out of town, 
my son was out with his girlfriend,
and I didn't really feel like cooking much.
The squash with pecans really hit the spot.

Thanks for stopping by today,
I hope you'll try this simple and tasty recipe.
Let me know what you think.



1 comment:

Lisadwb said...

That sounds so yummy!! Looks good too.
Cubish, that is a word I have used before when hubby asks how to cut potatoes. LOL