My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Monday, November 17, 2014

Wedding Card for Mom

I'm having so much fun with my Silhouette Cameo!
I have been playing around with designing my own cut files
and I'm having a ball with it.
I saw a wedding card that I loved and was inspired 
to make a file of my own in a similar style.
I cut everything out twice and took it all with me to a crop
to assemble.
My intention was to make a card for my Mom to give my 
nephew and niece for their wedding.
I only needed the one, but wanted to be prepared in the event that
I messed something up.
Not to worry, I didn't goof up and ended up with 2 cards.

The panels of the dress were embossed with an embossing folder
with tiny hearts using the Cuttlebug. 
I embossed the stripes on the shirt using a scoring board
and a stylus.
I made this card a gate fold.
The flowers on the dress and the lapels were 
popped up with foam tape and glue dots.
The second card was made the same way, with 
a different colored card base.
Mom chose the red card.
I printed a sentiment on the computer for the inside 
of the card.
This card fits perfectly in an A-2 sized envelope,
it measures 5 1/2 x 4 1/4.

I was very pleased with the way these cards turned out.
I love that I created the cut file myself.

I hope you've been inspired in some way today.
Come again soon, you never know what you'll
see next on 
Kristie Kreates.

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

Susan (rainy) said...

This is such and ADORABLE and clever design!! Both cards are SO cute.