My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Monday, October 6, 2014

Wedding Invitations

My nephew, Patrick,is marrying
 the love of his life, Vicki.
I was honored when they asked me to make their wedding
invitations.  They started out with a specific design 
that they wanted me to make.  BUT their venue changed
and so did the invitations.
I loved designing this invitation.
I used my Silhouette Cameo as well as my ink jet printer
for this project.
Vicki wanted a Damask print on the front of the invitation,
so I found one in the Silhouette Store, purchased it and
printed my own on ivory card stock.

This is how the invitation looked when it arrived at our
house.  That ribbon is actually ivory and the same as the 
damask paper, but didn't photograph that way.
Patrick and Vicki had a custom seal made and
used sealing wax on the ribbon.
Inside was the actual invitation to the wedding.
(I have blurred out any personal information about the wedding)
I designed the text and all the layers with the Silhouette Design program,
 printed everything on card stock and cut with my Silhouette Cameo.
The pocket at the right contains 2 cards,
The larger one has all the information about the reception on the back.
They wanted a 1920's themed wedding and I found a sign post that reflected 
that theme, created a file to print it with their names in the center
and printed it for the reception cards.
The smaller card is the RSVP card.
(I have blurred out their website address at the bottom of the picture)

All in all, I enjoyed making these invitations for them
and I think they turned out very nice.
I know they were pleased with them.
I wouldn't do them any different, even if they did each have
11 pieces to assemble.
It was certainly well worth the time and effort it took to make them.

Have I said lately how much I love my 
Silhouette?
Thanks for stopping by today.
Come again soon, you never know what I'll have to show you!

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

Lisadwb said...

Lovely invites, they make a great first impress of the wedding!!