My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Monday, May 12, 2014

Up in the Air Challenge

It's time for another 
Eureka! Stamps Challenge 
and this weeks challenge theme is
"Up in the Air"
Check out the 
for all the particulars about the challenge and to join in the fun.
For my card I used
Girl Balloon Holder (#13803)
Daisy Balloon (#13901) and
Flower Balloon (#13903) all from 
For my background, I used a cloud template
 to create the clouds and sky using Distress Inks.
(Check out the cloud template and instructions here.)
I cut a piece of scratch paper and adhered it with temporary adhesive
 along the bottom while I inked the sky.
 I then used the top half of the scratch paper to cover the sky while I inked the grass.
For the grass I used Distress Inks and then stamped
Field Grass Left (#38901) from
sister company of Eureka! Stamps
I stamped the flowers and the girl onto white card stock and colored them with 
colored pencils and blended with Gamsol, then fussy cut them.
I stamped the girl onto patterned paper 
as well as onto a piece of brown paper.
I paper pieced the dress and sash.
The balloons are adhered with foam tape.
I cut around the girls fingers
 so it would look like she is holding the strings of the balloon.
I love these balloons and holders!
Eureka! Stamps has a whole line of them and 
each is cuter than the last!
I think they are perfect for this challenge.

Thanks for stopping by today,
I hope you have been inspired in some way
and will join in the challenge fun.

Until next time, Happy Crafting!





1 comment:

Susan (rainy) said...

What a wonderfully sweet card... so joyful! And I love the darling little scene you created.