My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Charlie Brown Tree

Our family is pretty big and when we are all together for our Christmas Celebration, there are around 30 of us.
Several years ago we went to picking names for the adults to exchange and last year we changed yet again to bringing a "generic" gift and we play a game of picking and stealing from each other.
It's lots of fun and people come up with some pretty cool gifts.
Last year after Christmas I found a Charlie Brown tree on clearance.
The Sunday before Christmas we had our party and here is what I took as my exchange gift.
I made all the ornaments out of money.
The star at the top was a $5.00 bill, the rest were $1.00 bills
Here is the tree.

Elephant

Fish

Cube

Shirt

Star

Bow tie

Heart with a quarter in the middle

Turtle

Pants

4 point star

Boat

Kimona

Butterfly

I (heart) U

Boot

I also included this candy dish that I made and had
been keeping for a bit.
I used to work at a couple paint your own pottery studios.
This is one of the things I made to keep for a gift.
My sis in law Susie got the tree.
 
I found the directions for all the dollar origami on
YouTube
there are tons of videos on how to do this
many of which I gave up on, some were just a bit too
much for me. 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.
Leave me a comment if you will
and come again soon!
 
Until next time, Happy Crafting!

No comments: