My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

QKR Stampede May Blog Hop

Good day and welcome to my post for the
QKR Stampede May Blog Hop.

If you have happened upon the hop, you will want to start at the
beginning so you don't miss a single thing!
If you have come from Ceal's blog, you are on the right track.
I'm sure she had a wonderful project to show you.

If you should get 'lost' or find a broken link along the way, just hop on back to the QKR Stampede Blog where you will find a complete list of the links for this hop.

The theme this month is floral images and I have to say that the floral images from QKR Stampede are some of my favorites!

For my card I chose to use "Rose" (#17505) and "Life is Good" (#16307)
One of my favorite techniques is stamping onto pages from old books.
I have a couple books that I keep just to rip the pages out of and stamp on them.
I used brown Color Box Fluid Chalk Ink for both stamps.
I colored the Rose with water color crayons with very little water. 
Since the paper is very old and not made for painting on, I had to be very careful how much water I used.  This kind of paper will warp and tear very easily if it is gotten too wet.

I was thrilled with how this turned out. The book page has a natural vintage look to it, so no need to ink it.
The faux brads in the lower corner are holes punched from an inked piece of kraft card stock.

I hope you have enjoyed my card.
Now head over to
where I'm sure you will find something beautiful, she is so talented!

Also be sure to stop in to the QKR Stampede Shop and check out all the beautiful floral images they offer.

Thank you for stopping by today.

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

4 comments:

Kristine Reynolds said...

Love the way the flower looks stamped over the print! Great card Kristie!

Roxie said...

The rose stamped on the printed sheet looks so nice, pretty card Kristie.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Kristie! I need to stamp like this {on a book page} because yours looks SO awesome!! Very pretty stamps! Great card!

Inkyfingers said...

I love the idea of stamping on to old book pages. So unusual and pretty!