My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Wedding in the Family!!!

Today I want to tell you a little bit about an exciting event in my family.  I do have a couple cards to show you, so read along and we will get to that.  But first about some people I love dearly!

This past Saturday we had a wonderful event in our family.  My nephew, Joel, got married to a really lovely girl, Renee.  If you have been following my blog for a while, you have seen some of the projects I have done for my "almost niece"  well, now she is officially my niece!  We are so happy to have her as part of the family!
This is a picture I took of my very handsome nephew Joel.  I can't believe he is a married man.  It was only a little while ago that I remember him telling my parents and his "Aunt Kristie is going to marry that man, she's in love with him"  that was about 25 yrs ago.  Now he is married, WOW!!!
Here is Joel with his bride, Renee.  Isn't she beautiful?!?  And she is as sweet as she is beautiful.

The wedding was held at Camp Turner, which is a group camp at Allegany State Park, in the southern part of New York State.  The wedding ceremony was held outside and the weather cooperated, the temps were in the 60s and it was a gorgeous day and a beautiful wedding. I can't wait to see the photos they had taken by the photographer.  They went to some beautiful areas in the park for the formal shots. 

I took over 400 pictures myself during the wedding and reception.  Some of them turned out great!  I'll share some of them at a later date.

The reception was fabulous!  Renee made so many things for the decor!  They all turned out gorgeous. Being a crafter, I know how much time and love she put into everything she made and all of it was beautiful.

Dinner was excellent and the dancing was amazing.  I dance a LOT and had such a great time!  This is the first time I've danced in years and this new hip made it all possible.  Can you tell that I had a wonderful time at the wedding? 

Now for the projects I have to show you.  I made two cards for the wedding.  One that Dave and I gave them and one for our son, Jaryd, to give them. 
                          
This is the card I made for us to give them.  These are the colors of their wedding along with a little accent of purple.  Just beautiful, love the combination.  In fact, if you have been following, you have seen this paper here before.  I had the beautiful vellum in my stash waiting for just the right project.

I hand drew and cut a heart template and traced it onto the vellum.  Once that was cut, I ran it through my Xyron.  I find this to be the easiest way to adhere vellum and not show the adhesive.  I adhered the vellum heart to the turquoise card stock and hand cut around it to give it just a bit of an outline.  I used foam tape to adhere it to the card. 
The inside sentiment, as well as that on the front, were printed from my computer.  I signed our names to the blank piece that you see on the bottom.  I love how this card turned out! 

This card was an odd size measuring about 5"x5.5" which meant that it didn't fit into a standard sized envelope.  My solution was to take an envelope that was 5.25"x7.25" and cut it down a bit.  I sealed it shut and formed a new flap at the side.  I then attached two hearts to the front of the envelope and wrote their names on one of them.  Turned out beautiful!
                           
This is the card I made for Jaryd to give them.  He said he wanted something that was nice, but not all flowery and frilly.  He was happy with this one. 
I found some purple paper in my stash and also some vellum with gold flowers. I ran that vellum through the Xyron to attach it to the purple paper.  The sheer ribbon was tied around this piece and attached with foam tape to a standard sized cream colored card.

The heart was cut from cream card stock and sponged with brown ink and the small 'crystals' attached to the side, then onto the card with foam tape.

When I was getting the "Congratulations" stamp out to use on the inside of the card, I found this "Love" stamp and had to add it to the bottom of the card.  I thought it really completed the card.
Here is a close up of the beautiful design on the vellum and the ribbon I used.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you like the cards.  Leave me a comment and let me know what you think.  I love feedback!

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

Larelyn said...

Lovely cards and for such a very special event. Congratulations to your nephew and your lovely NIECE!

kisatrtle said...

your cards are very pretty and I like all the photos.