My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Fall leaves and Happy Birthday

It is a beautiful fall day here in the Buffalo, NY area.  Sunny and about 60 degrees.  Personally, I'd like it about 10 degrees warmer, but in this area it would be a little unseasonable, but that would be fine with me.  It has been gorgeous though, let's hope it continues.

Today I'm showing you a birthday card.  I love this leaf image (also available in digi form) from QKR Stampede and have been playing with it a lot.  As we all know, I have a huge stash of scraps, so I went to my scraps and found some fall colors, stamped the image onto them and cut the squares.  I then attached them to a piece of cream colored card stock.  I don't often ink edges, but in this case I thought it helped to soften the over all look.
 
I stamped the Happy Birthday with a stamp from the Happy Birthday set from QKR.  This is a great set as it includes 4 different sentiments.  I used the same scraps for the sentiment and it's layers, then attached it. 

I found this orange "ribbon" in my stash and attached it to the card stock and then attached the whole thing with foam tape to a piece of brown card stock, again from that famous scrap stash. 
You can see below that I used another piece of ivory card stock with inked edges on the inside. 

I hope you have enjoyed my post for today and that you will come back soon.
Leave me a comment and become a follower if you wish.

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

Thebug415 said...

Oh I like this!!! Great use of the stamp.

Carol said...

Very nice card, Kristie! Great Fall colors!!

Roxie said...

I like the blocks and colors you used for fall.